Stretching While In The Golf Cart
If you have no time to stretch before the golf round, then stretching in the golf cart can be utilized. Obviously you want to be the passenger because it can be dangerous stretching while you are driving. The key to stretching in the golf cart is the same as you would be stretching in the gym or at home. You want to hold the position for about 10 to 20 seconds if you can. You want to make sure that you stretch out both the upper and lower body muscle parts if you are capable. Also, it is very important to do both sides (left and right) when you are stretching.
There are many types of stretches and many muscles that can be stretched out in the cart:
- Neck – Turn you neck slowly to the left and then to the right – 5 times each side.
- Shoulders – Shoulder shrugs (lifting your shoulders up toward your neck) very slowly – 5 times up and 5 times down.
- Chest muscles – Put your fist together (as if you were going to punch your fist one to the other) and have your elbows parallel to one another were your chest is then slowly move your elbows away from your body until you fell the stretch and bring them back to one another very slowly – 5 times out and 5 times in
- Hip rotation – you can do this sitting down in the cart – turn your hips as if you were swinging a golf club to the right very slowly then to your left slowly – 5 times on each side.
- Quadriceps, hamstring, and calf muscles – Called a Leg stretch – take a leg and put it up were the cup holder is and slowly stretch down toward your foot and hold for 10 to 20 seconds. Remember not to bounce on this stretch. Do both sides.
There you are, you have now stretched out your whole body while you are in the cart. If you can, you want to do some type of warm up before you do these stretches. Perhaps a quick run in place, some jumping jacks or swinging the golf club!
Until next time on Black Belt Golf,
Your Black Belt Golf Coach!