Healthy Eating: Adding Healthy Fats To Your Diet
This week I’ve been working on creating healthy, easy recipes and looking for the same on the internet. Resources abound but I’ve found a lot of what people call “healthy” doesn’t quite make the grade. Low fat, high carb, bland and tasteless – that’s just a mess waiting to happen! Fats can be good for you! So here’s a great recipe I discovered at Wellness Mama for homemade mayonnaise that definitely passes the taste test! Even better, all the ingredients were already in my cupboard. So are you ready to have your mayo and eat it too? Check it out:
Healthy Homemade MayonnaisePrep timeTotal timeA simple and healthy homemade mayo with olive and coconut oils.Author: Wellness MamaRecipe type: CondimentServes: 4+Ingredients
- 4 egg yolks at room temperature
- 1 TBSP lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tsp regular or Dijon mustard (or ½ tsp dried mustard)
- Salt and pepper
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ⅔ cup coconut oil (warm) or other healthy oil (macadamia works well)Instructions
- Put egg yolks into blender or bowl and whisk/blend until smooth
- Add lemon juice or vinegar, mustard and spices and blend until mixed
- SLOWLY add oil while blending or whisking at low speed, starting with olive oil. Start with a drop at a time until it starts to emulsify and then keep adding slowly until all oil is incorporated.
- Store in fridge up to 1 week.